Thursday 14 April 2022

Là Obar Bhrothaig '22

Every year I look forward to the sixth-of-April anniversary of the Declaration of Arbroath, and this time was no exception. It's one of the special days of the year for me, when I do some festive / leisure things I don't usually do, reassess my backlogs / to-do lists and so forth.

Well, in the end it didn't exactly work out that way this year.

In the end I was so feeble I did only a very few of the usual things. Instead, towards the evening, I finally faced reality: I just couldn't cope on my own any longer. So I decided to accept the doctor's advice and apply for a place in a hospice, and mailed Black to make the apropriate steps.

Funny thing is, this is what I'd been wanting to do for some months now, but until recently saw no way of accomplishing it. In an odd way I'm looking forward to the experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment