Monday 30 September 2019

Addicted to a beer garden

Funny how sometimes one can get addicted to an alcohol-related habit, rather than to alcohol itself.

For almost three weeks now I would go after 2pm to a nearby pub’s beer garden, have a few pints, come back to my digs for a meal and some time at my laptop, then return to the pub to have a few more pints inside. But of course one can’t go on like this forever.

So I decided to stop my afternoon beer garden visits and only go to the pub at night. Today was the first day. Now I have enough beer and vodka in my digs to fight alcohol withdrawal, yet I’ve been listless all day simply on account of knowing I had to wait until the evening before going to the pub.

I’ve survived, but I still can’t wait to be there.


(originally posted probably on WordPress)

No comments:

Post a Comment