Tuesday 1 October 2019

Richard Morgan: The Steel Remains

It probably wasn’t a good idea, but he hadn’t been having many of those since he got back anyway.
(about Ringil Eskiath) 

Ever since I went into self-imposed exile where I’d once lived I seem to be simply carried on by inertia, old habits and past experience. Hardly having any goals I’ve hardly any ideas about achieving them, let alone good ones.

--------

She missed her home, with an abrupt, almost painful pang, now that she thought she might never see it again.
(about Archeth Indamaninarmal)

I love to see pictures of Scotland on the internet, in particular those of places I know first-hand, but occasionally upon seeing one I need to make an effort to prevent tears flowing from my eyes.



(originally posted probably on WordPress)

No comments:

Post a Comment