Friday 4 October 2019

Hermiting again

I’ll savour the softness of summer
I’ll wrap up when winter blows
(The Waterboys: In Search of a Rose)

Since the 18 May I was in a pub daily (with the single exception of 5 Sep, when I finished work at 10pm and knew I’d have to be there again at 8am the following morning). Indeed, since the 10 Sep I visited what has become my favourite howf twice a day. But I’ve stopped that on Monday, managed to persevere, and today I finally haven’t gone there at all. In a sense a salutary effect of having quit my job I suppose.

And it actually wasn’t as hard as I’d thought it would be, although admittedly I was helped by the fact that after Tuesday’s pleasant, serene night there there were two when I had to sit down next to the door, with the consequent draught each time it opened.

Nevertheless I think that before I go to sleep I’ll reward myself with a dram of Glenlivet. 


(originally posted probably on WordPress)

No comments:

Post a Comment