Sunday 5 January 2020

New Year stroll

I did some laptop work on the first day of the year, but as the sky was clear all day I decided, about an hour before the sunset, to go out and see if I could have a few pints with a book somewhere.

The Carpenter was closed, so was (as I expected) the Union; the place inside the Marriot, which I’d never been to before and which looked invitingly pleasant from the outside, was open, but inside looked too posh, ‘too comfy’ for my liking, so I just turned around and headed back. It wasn’t a disappointment, though: I had a pleasant placid stroll in the sun, and then a pleasant placid time reading The Coral Island in my room’s armchair with a beer can at hand.

Somehow all this made me so sleepy that after a fag outdoors I finished a chapter in bed and after 6pm fell asleep – and only got up again the next morning, goaded by the alarms telling me the working year has begun as well.

 
(originally posted on WordPress)

No comments:

Post a Comment