Saturday 11 January 2020

Variable sleep duration

It seems that recently I have been very rarely able to manage the 'prescribed' seven or eight hours of sleep. Either I wake up after six or less (sometimes as little as one or two) and can't fall asleep again, or I sleep and doze for nine or more before I can force myself to at least start reading in bed before actually getting up. For a while the short sleep - long sleep days even seemed to simply alternate.


Edited to add the next day: Not untypically, having written the above I did sleep for about seven and a half hours last night. But pondering that reminded me of one point I hadn't made clear: In the long term I was getting the 'prescribed' sleep duration on average, only usually not in particular cases.


(originally posted on WordPress)

No comments:

Post a Comment