Sunday 15 March 2020

Pubs closed

The coronavirus panic has finally become rampant even here, and on Friday evening all pubs were forced to close and stay closed until further notice.

But maybe it's a blessing in disguise for me. As an extreme night owl, all I can do after a day shift is have a night cap and go to sleep. Trouble is, for several weeks now the night cap used to be three or four pints in my favourite pub. And I would go there even at the weekend, out of pure force of habit. Unable to go there now though, maybe I'll be able to do with a beer can in my digs, and consequently spend more time awake after.

Diminishing, maybe nearly eliminating the various backlogs that I have in the meantime barely managed to keep from overwhelming me, like reading the articles I've bookmarked, processing the books I've read (in the pub), and catching up with what I wanted to write in this very blog.

In fact, on Saturday night I found myself even enjoying not having gone to the pub and sitting at my laptop instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment