Sunday 29 March 2020

Back shifts again

After seven weeks of hated day shifts the second March week saw me, for the first time in my current job, doing back shifts. This pleased me no end: previously I'd been alternating days with nights, and alternating days with backs is even better. (The best thing would of course be alternating backs with nights, but that's one of those things too good to ever happen.) Sure, at the moment there's no saying when they'll close the factory because of the virus and there'll be no shifts at all, but I've learned years ago that, whether for better or for worse, things always turn out quite differently from what I expect, so I just try to enjoy the good things while they last, and try not to worry much about the bad ones to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment