Wednesday 25 March 2020

Endocrinology

On a morning at the beginning of the month I had my second appointment: it wasn't just overcast like the first time round, it was actually raining every now and then, but I was told my blood results were back to normal. Sure, the doc prescribed me levothyroxine again, but then I'd been warned by the NHS website that once I was prescribed it once I'd have to take it for the rest of my life (except I guess if my blood results showed a change in the opposite direction, which seems quite unlikely), and at least the next appointment was scheduled for after six, rather than three, months. So I had a lunch in my digs, four pints reading Salinger's Zooey in the Carpenter, which was quite serene that afternoon, and slept well into the wee small hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment