Tuesday 19 January 2021

Fatigue

I don't know how much it's a consequence of the chemoradiotherapy I'm undergoing, and how much a result of eating too little (my daily caloric intake hasn't been what it should have been since the Sunday before last), or indeed, how much the former influences the latter. I do know that I tire ever more rapidly. At the moment I seem to need nine hours of sleep a night - and two more hours of dozing throughout the day. Once more I'm unable to walk to the bus stop without (more than once) stopping and squatting for a while along the road to regain the necessary strength. And while there was, so far at least, hardly any loss of weight, my today's chemo session had to be postponed after the blood tests showed too low levels of leucocytes and platelets.

It's the old viscious circle of course: the more you sleep, the less time you have to eat, the less you eat, the weaker you are, the weaker you are, the less you eat and the more you sleep. But I'm through half the therapy already; I'll see this through.



No comments:

Post a Comment