Tuesday 14 December 2021

Third dose

As I've already hinted, the aftermath of getting my second chemotherapy dose was horrendous: hypotension all day long (even fainting once), lack of appetite and the consequent continuing undernourishment (today the scales showed 47kg - clad and shod) and diarrhoea, general weakness (had to trouble my sister for going my messages for me a few times) and so on.

(The silver lining was seeing my sister and chatting with her; when the post-effects became milder I also agreed to a visit from my old college friend Black.)

After a few weeks this improved during the latter parts of the days, although mornings continue to be hard: I'd had to postpone the hospital visit last week and only managed it today thanks to Black who drove me there. Anyway, now I've got my third dose. The doctor made it 30% less strong, and prescribed some pills; we'll see how I cope this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment